Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ruptures - D∑CΔ

Ruptures is a pretty groovy band. I already posted their D E A D B L O O M Ep. The Ep was particularly good, even though it was a shift of direction from their earlier stuff which was a form of melodic post-hardcore. The sound on the Ep is expanded greatly on this release. D∑CΔ starts out with its namesake, and has a lot to offer in terms of discernible sounds that can only be heard if you are listening carefully. A lot of guitar effects that give a sense of chaos and some, what I assume to be, synth sounds accompany the introduction to the album. I'm not sure. Regardless, each song is a pulsating rager of post-hardcore mixed with slabs of punk, metal, and all sorts of other DIY-based music sensibilities. The vocal range of the singers has altered just a little bit, where one shouted in a more throaty higher pitched manner on the Ep, this time he seems to be almost singing in that way. I suppose there isn't much of a difference at all, if there even is one. I'd just like to point out that The Blood Brothers/Red Light Sting sassy vocals carries itself and alternates very well compared to the other singers crusty cookie monster vocals. I don't know what I'm trying to say anymore. Just give it a listen.

Ruptures - D∑CΔ
http://ruptures.bandcamp.com/album/d-c

No comments: