Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Planet Vegeta - Demo

A pretty groovy two piece band; following the drummer and bassist pattern of other noise rock bands but doing it as they feel like doing it. I booked them a show a few months ago with other bands (Vomit Bastard, Life of Refusal/Beez, Egrets on Ergot, and others) and it was going to be a blast but because of my dumbass behalf it did not go through. Sometimes stuff like that happens I suppose. Anywho, they're going to be here again on August 4th with poppier bands, so I will see how it goes along with whoever else decides to show up. I trust that they're going to be as awesome and fun live as they are on their recorded tracks. I think the theme and name are particularly silly, but I feel that it's all the better to dig them as a band. Regardless I don't think bands of this nature usually have super serious names or an intense demeanor, but I may be proven wrong and they could very well end up being scary live. Also, although I do not smoke pot I will probably be indulging in their Saiyan grooves and interplanetary boogie-like vibes as I am into that type of stuff.

Planet Vegeta - Demo
http://planetvegeta.bandcamp.com/

No comments: