Wednesday, June 13, 2012

False Light - False Light

Slowly but surely my attention had been turning to this band called False Light from Charleston, SC. In between doing research on ancient Indian/Mesopotamian/Chinese civilization for this quiz I have on Thursday (tomorrow) I decided to give in. Fortunately the research break ended up being worthwhile because as the first song ended I decided it was time to close the curtains as to not embarrass myself from bedroom moshing. What you get is the really currently welcomed negative and self-deprecating hardcore that's been gaining steam and getting kids to drop their angst off somewhere. I believe this is the first output for the band and it sounds really good! Each song is pretty well constructed in terms of aiming what it is aiming for, which is neurotic pissed off thought patterns as a mode of release. I think at least. The more I listen to the band the more I feel like the youthful vigor of angst paves way for self-demolition and ultra constructed internal confusion. Going to sleep wishing you wouldn't wake up the next morning as you know you'll feel like shit type of music. Loud. I like it. Tape soon.

False Light - False Light
http://thefalselight.bandcamp.com/album/self-titled

No comments: