Thursday, June 28, 2012

Glass Hits - Pioneers Get The Arrows, Settlers Get The Land

Another band deeply ingrained with a 90's post hardcore influence without the typical college indie rock leanings. The guitars are airy and chunky at different times, for good reasons as it sounds good. I feel that this is where the rock and roll shit of the early 2000's was supposed to head. The Convocation Of... paved way for bands like The Strokes and The Vines, even unknowingly, and made it acceptable to rock the fuck out. I mean bands like Royal Trux and Jon Spencer's stuff were doing similar things, but they were less punk/hardcore sounding... I mean how much punk does a band like The Vines have? That song Ceremony (the punk one) let us hear before their newest album was released sounded exactly like The Vines... maybe they were trying to sound like this instead but missed it by a long mile. Regardless, this band is really fucking amazing. The vocalist sounds as though he is in some form of ecstasy, as though it were still okay to feel good about singing. I think the guitars near Grinderman sounding at times. I have no idea what anyone is playing. I'm not a musician really, I just love this stuff. I love it so much I find no words to explain it at all. Fortunately this band is kind enough to let us have their full length for freezy. Thanks.

Glass Hits - Pioneers Get The Arrows, Settlers Get The Land
http://glasshits.bandcamp.com/

No comments: