Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Veneers - Demo




A bracket from my braces snapped off and I feel so powerless. I also regret not getting braces earlier.

If there's one thing that the internet casually does, it is to remind me of how behind I am when it comes to listening to the righteous of jams. Firstly Veneers comes across as being some sort of missing Tonie Joy band; sounding a bit like The Convocation Of... is pretty much a good thing even if there's nothing really taken away or even added. I think that sounds like a hit on Veneers, but as a demo this is awesome. The three songs are not hit or miss as they are all really goddamn rocking. Young Widows is another band that offers a viable sound comparison to those in the know. I'm kind of bummed out that I have to go to the dentist so I'll just finish (maybe) by stating that the guitar sounds fucking great on this. Really beautiful and pulsing with sound. When things get shouty it feels just about right.

Veneers - Demo
http://veneers.bandcamp.com/album/demo

No comments: