Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sarte - Sarte

The angsty emo band name, it's a convenience that the emo scene is kind of weirdly intellectual, even if not on purpose, with lots of references to interesting people or stuff. I'm not an intellectual myself, being as how I'm a little wet in the brain, but I appreciate it and hope it rubs off on me. Sarte are from Ottawa Canada, the land of... not sure what comes from Ottawa, but there are and have been really awesome bands from that area; seems like a nice place generally. I only know English and Spanish, so I do not know what the lyrics are when reading them (google translator does that for me), but they sound pretty cool, especially at the end of Être Heureux, Et Puis Mourir when they are screamed in unison. The band is pretty heavy, not like chugga chugga heavy, but the guitars sound full and discordant, pretty sure the band is loud live. It's a bit on the melodic side, even if intended to be chaotic, but in an overall a groovy kind of way. Musically sounds like Hero of a Hundred Fights mixed with Transistor Transistor (my Dad threw away "Erase All Name and Likeness" when I left it in his car while I was in Highschool) which is awesome. I dunno. Mappy needs to post something.

Sarte - Sarte
http://mieuxdormir.bandcamp.com/

No comments: