Wednesday, January 4, 2012

MOTHS - MOTHS



MOTHS are from Texas, and are on their West Coast tour currently (please help them out since some of their equipment was just stolen a day or so ago), hitting up what are considered local places for me. Their bandcamp has their s/t full length album, which I'm sure a lot of you will enjoy. It's not uber chaotic, but has some extremely nice textures and atmospheric guitars sprawled all throughout it. I definitely hate post rock infiltrating screamo, but this isn't so overbearing and overdone. The only track that's long is the last track, and it's not really that bad, especially as a closer, when I suppose one should expect something really brooding and almost romantic sounding. Chaotically inclined post rock. It's not the most perfect album, but that in fact gives it the ingenuity that we need in this type of scene. Less perfection, more destruction which will lead to building something a little new, or at least fresh, from worn out parts. I like it. Get it. HELP THEM OUT. I'll be seeing them (hopefully) twice this week.

MOTHS - MOTHS
http://moths.bandcamp.com/

*Also if you haven't noticed, in order to give the bands more attention somehow, I've been trying to link their facebook profiles near the download on my posts. Usually, or if the band thinks it's a good idea, and sometimes it is and isn't, a band will post where to buy their stuff or shows or whatever. The best deal is info on contacting them.

No comments: