Tuesday, January 13, 2009

TY Segall


2008 was... it was a fairly amazing year too be honest, so many things were released pressed and shipped off to various countries around the world, many people were scammed by Indonesian/South Pacific scammers and TY Segall released his self titled album that blew me the fuck out of the water. Unfortunately I listened to this too late and wasn't able to uphold it as 'best of 2008' but I'm so glad I did not pass this up when I finally got around to getting this shit to pump out of my speakers. Amazing sounds, sorta has a tinge of Rolling Stone amazing beauty to it all the while keeping it fresh without sounding old at all and all of it coming from one man. Very similar to No Bunny in terms of sonic sound and buzzy vibrations. I first heard the full length while watching 'Don't Torture and Duckling' and drinking Wine, it very much fit the mood of whatever was happening at the time. Get into it and then tell your friends. Very much one of 2008's "Up-and-Coming-Better-Watch-Out-Will-Fucking-Blow-Your-Mind" artists.

Ty Segall - It 7
Ty Segall - Skin
Ty Segall - Ty Segall

- Manuel

No comments: