Friday, May 11, 2012

Elad Love Affair - A Woman Gives Birth To A Gun And It Stabs Her

I'm crying. I was listening to my shitty ripped copy of this EP earlier this morning and finally got sick and tired of the skips that came with the burned CD so I searched for members of this band on google trying to ask them for mp3s or something, I dunno, and I stumble on to their bandcamp. I don't know what to say about this band. 2002 was such a weird fucking time for me as I totally was into koRn and at the same time went to backyard gigs set up by the local "non racist" hispanic skin heads where I got my first taste of DIY. It was my first year of high school or maybe my last year of middle school. I can only remember reading about this band in Skratch magazine and they were given a pretty good rating for a "post-hardcore" band. I always wanted to know what that sounded like. Anyways I find a way to get someone to mail me a super shitty burned CDr that has track 5 (When You've Run Out of Words...) twice on it and I figured it was just supposed to be that way. So great to finally hear the elusive track two (which builds up to an amazing finish). God I love this band. You don't have to, if I remember correctly not a lot of people did, at least those I talked to. It's alright, my little secret. Whatever.

Elad Love Affair - A Woman Gives Birth To A Gun And It Stabs Her
http://eladloveaffair.bandcamp.com/album/a-woman-gives-birth-to-a-gun-and-it-stabs-her

No comments: