Friday, March 12, 2010

Neil Perry - Lineage Situation


It's 2010 and I still haven't properly (or maybe even ever) listened to this band, even before I reset my last.fm charts, so it's not surprising that this is on the top of my list of recommendations. Going in I feel really safe treading into waters that I have charted into before numerous times and have come to know and love. Listening to this wasn't awe inspiring, but I really do like this band now, they're very dark and urgent. The build ups in the songs definitely remind me of Thursdays 'Waiting' and that whole scene (Portrait, You and I, Thursday, Joshua) and when I looked up Neil Perry I discovered that there was a shared You and I member. However, looking at the track list on the discography was such a drag, the songs started off really smart and sleek and ended up being tongue in cheek, which probably has something to do with the maturation of the the band (later songs are first on the discography); none of that took away from the magnitude of greatness from the songs.

Neil Perry - Lineage Situation
http://www.mediafire.com/?nxtuyuyggnn

No comments: