Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunshine Super Scum - Two Reactions 7"


I don't know how to describe this band. This is from the mid 90's. It's not bad and it is not anything I think everyone would like. It's pretty level headed for being noisy punk music. Most of this stuff sounds the same and gets lumped in the same category for being noisy because of the recording/quality, but that's not the end with a good portion of these bands. This one though, I don't know. There's some lady shouting in the back, at least I think, and there's a dude that is the main vocalist, I guess. From time to time this gets groovy and I really want to say it reminds me of Nu Metal, but it's not Nu Metal at all. It would probably be right to compare them to Melt Banana, which isn't far off since Sunshine Super Scum is from Nippon. It gets loud and crazy and sometimes repetitive but not repetitive at all. The third song on here, Village Church, is a good representation of this band; unpredictable, explosive, enjoyable, loud, fist pumping, angry, groovy, makes you want to jump out of your window and circle pit. 5/5 stars.

Sunshine Super Scum - Two Reactions 7"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jyjoynumnov

No comments: