Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Panthers


Ripping, Revolutionary, Motherfuckers! I don't know why you would or could hate this band with this fucking stigma 'Fuck off pussy ass Jake!' They take what orchid had and made it more flexible and danceable, more booty shaking and rocking, more drug talk less I'm one sad bitch talk (haha orchid lyrics are so creepy 'I Still Shake When I See You And I'm Not Alright', haha). This band pretty much brightens up my day and if I listen to this while I'm driving I usually wanna go past the speed limit and drag a few porkers into a high speed police chase while smoke a fat blunt and drinking Jim Beam out of the bottle while my passengers smoke some fat ass bag of crack and I'm talking about all the fools I fucked up the night before while I'm getting a blow job and someone is video taping it all on their black berry. It's basically songs about being A bad ass and not giving a shit, all the while trying to make some sort of internal change. High gut wrenching post punk (proto punk) sounds that very much were birthed by Drive Like Jehu and the Stooges, they end up turning heads with deliciously gratifying and heavy as fuck stoner rock sounds on Things Are Strange but then they re tune their guitars and scratch their hairy balls again for 'The Trick'. If you weren't a fan of Orchid then fuck it, this sounds NOTHING like them. Up on here is most of what they got, Are You Down??? is a definite ball buster in which you'll wish you heard of sooner than later but whatever man, at least you're enjoying it now (one of the songs is scratched but the rest of the album is pretty fucking fantastic sounding, the copy that i ripped it from messed up on that song... sorry); Let's Get Serious adds lots of fuzzy fucking distortion and gorgeous dreamland sounds that scathe into your brain for hours on end with catchy fucking lyrics that you may or may not interpret correctly; Things Are Strange redoes two of their older songs and gives you a Pink Floyd-esque journey into being a fucking bad ass; The Trick combines everything from Let's Get Serious and Things Are Strange to give you a metal classic that risks being too rocking at times but goddamn you just can't rock enough. And y'all better get the way amazing 'Goblin City' mixes, with the song redone done by the Holy Ghost! and Run Roc. By the by if you get an official mix of that 'Thank Me With Your Hands' tune redone by MSTRKRFT then lemme know, I had it once but alas... alas. FYI they are now a defunct band.

Panthers - Are You Down???
Panthers - Let's Get Serious
Panthers - Things Are Strange
Panthers - The Trick
Panthers - Golbin City

- Manuel

No comments: