Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Joan of Arc - Boo! Human


I ain't one to lie... scratch that shit, I'm a fucking a liar, a huge fucking fatty pants asshole liar. I mean all I do is lie and I feel so damn good about it. But what I ain't lying about is the tantalizingness of Joan of Arks new album "Boo! Human." Just in case you didn't know, Joan of Arc is Tim Kinsella's new band and usually every album is more quirky and zanier than the last. You can call the band "Tim Kinsella and Friends Present: (Insert something like The Fucking Board You Shoulda Ate But Didn't Cuz It Basically Got Away)" and I wouldn't blame you. This album alone has 14 guest musicians. I think this one features his brother as drummer after a few that didn't so that's a good sign considering BOTH are from Cap N Jazz fame (A band that made a distinct mark in that midwest emo scene, the band that the Kossabone Red nearly became and the band that Algernon Cadwallader is basically becoming). I really like this album, there are no hit and misses for me here unlike the other albums and do not let the track titles fool you "9/11 two" is an enjoyable song and so is "A Tell-Tale Penis"... On Polyvinyl Records.

Joan of Arc - Boo! Human

No comments: